One in four girls will experience child sexual abuse. These broken, abused children, if not given the opportunity to heal, grow into broken adults who are vulnerable to many of society’s injustices. This is the common story of the women we serve through Mend on the Move. Founder Joanne Ewald says Mend on the Move has given her a voice and she wants the same for the women that Mend on the Move helps.
- Over 100 domestic violence-related homicides occur in Michigan every year.
- One in three Michigan families are impacted by domestic violence.
- One out of three women are affected by domestic abuse.
- More than one million people report a violent assault by a partner every year in the U.S.
- One in every 25 children in some Michigan counties, will be a victim to sexual abuse.
- The number of children victimized equates to a rate of 15.6 per 1,000 children statewide, the highest rate Michigan has seen since 1990
How can YOU help?
- When you gift Mend on the Move, you gift a woman survivor a second chance.
- When you share the story of Mend with your friends + family, you are helping to rebuild lives.
- When you attend an event, purchase a piece of jewelry, or make a donation, you inspire us to continue the work.
There is more work to be done, but we continue to be inspired by the way women + communities come together to create a better future for ourselves and the next generation. Thank YOU for your support!